If you want to change your iPhone IOS 14 app icons and widgets to fully customize your phones experience simply follow the steps here. Also, we have some cool ios 14 home screen ideas for you to check out.
Apple recently launched iOS 14 and it allows users to fully customize their home screens without using third party apps or complicated methods. There are a ton of new tools native to the iphone via iOS 14 that will bring your creativity to life. If you have seen people posting screen shots of their new iphone home screens with things like anime app icons and dope home screen widgets I bet you want to customize and show yours off as well?
Here is how you can start to customize and download some great inspirations for your new iOS 14 home screen.
If you get stuck there is a Video below that also explains the updates in detail from MacRumors.com
How to change iOS 14 App icon image, colors and fonts?
- Load up the Shortcuts app settings on your iPhone or iPad.
- Hit that Plus (+) button on the top of the screen
- Choose Add Action.
- Search for Open App in search area.
- Choose Open App.
- Tap Choose.
- Look for the ios 14 app icon you want to change and select
- Hit those three dots in the top-right
- Hit Add to Home Screen.
- hit the placeholder iOS 14 app icon
- From the drop-down menu, select Take Photo, Choose Photo, or Choose File, depending on where your replacement app icon image is located.
- Select your replacement image.
- In the text field, rename the app as you want it to appear on the home screen.
- Tap Add.
- Tap Done. Your Shortcut has now been created.
- Return to the home screen.
Change iOS 14 App icons video step by step –
How to change iOS 14 home screen widgets?
- Download the Widget customizer app Widgetsmith by David Smith on your iPhone. (Or many other widget apps recently added to the app store)
- Load up Widgetsmith and pick the size of the widget you would like to change.
- Once you select the Widget you want to change you will be able to change the iOS 14 app icons colors fonts and more.
- Next save your updates when you are finished.
- Go back to your home screen and press and hold to enter jiggle mode (Home screen edit mode) and hit Edit.
- Hit the Plus sign (+) in the left top of the screen and look for the Widgetsmith app.
- Choose the widget you want to add and select edit.
Dope iPhone iOS 14 Home screen inspirations and ideas.
Here are some Ideas from people on twitter.
i updated to ios 14 and this is my home screen what do yall think? pic.twitter.com/ufabJfNGso
— | (@kylefeelsnumb) September 19, 2020
updated sailor moon themed ios 14 homescreen! pic.twitter.com/P5wSVQE4tH
— (@hyakukisses) September 19, 2020
Current iOS 14 home screen setup. pic.twitter.com/gtFjRnMkq7
— Traf (@traf) September 20, 2020
so i finished my ios 14 homescreen what do we think?? pic.twitter.com/Ld1jaz4WmA
— audrey ¹ᴰ (@cherrysswift) September 18, 2020